853 Hartford Ave, San Jose
Listed for $2,199,000
5 beds • 4 baths • 2,819 sqft interior with additional 165 sqft downstairs gameroom and 239 sqft detached studio • 6,244 sqft lot
Modern, luxurious living with historic charm in sought-after Willow Glen neighborhood!
Gorgeous remodeled gated craftsman home with a detached cottage, in the historic Palm Haven neighborhood of sought-after Willow Glen. Many features of this circa 1920 home have been preserved to retain original character, while modern updates provide luxurious, contemporary living for a busy family. Bright, updated main level living spaces flow together seamlessly and feature a beautifully updated chef’s kitchen with stainless steel appliances. Additional highlights include a main level en suite bedroom and four upstairs bedrooms, including a spacious Master retreat. Fabulous bonus spaces include a basement media room with a wine storage, and the detached cottage ideal as a game room or man cave. An inviting outdoor covered patio overlooks the lush backyard lawn area. Comfortable indoor and outdoor living, just a short walk to vibrant Lincoln Avenue shopping, dining and amenities. Ideally located close to freeway access and proposed Google village. Enjoy Willow Glen living at its best!
- Gorgeous, remodeled and expanded in 2002 circa 1920 craftsman home with plenty of curb appeal and preserved features to retain historic charm and character, including original hardwood floors, interior doors, picture hook rail molding and decorative wainscoting.
- Recent updates include a spacious gourmet remodeled kitchen, updated bathrooms, newer interior and exterior painting and roof, updated windows, wall-to-wall carpeting upstairs, recessed lighting and Nest thermostat.
- Inviting formal living room features original repainted wainscoting and picture hook rail molding, original tray ceiling, refaced gas log fireplace and original side windows above the hearth. The elegant formal dining room features a gorgeous chandelier, wainscoting and French doors.
- Beautifully remodeled kitchen boasts granite slab countertops and backsplash, updated white cabinetry with brushed nickel fixtures and sleek stainless steel appliances, including a GE refrigerator and microwave, Bosch dishwasher and Thermador oven range. A skylight and bay window overlooking the back garden add extra natural light. The spacious central island features a prep sink, 5-burner gas cooktop and generous seating space with gorgeous pendant lights. An adjacent casual dining space features a rustic chandelier, custom window shades and pantry storage.
- Cozy family room includes a storage nook for out-the-door essentials and a glass sliding door that opens to the backyard.
- Main level bedroom features an updated en suite with decorative tiled shower, original rope and pulley windows and a second access door to the family room.
- Spacious second level with dramatic vaulted ceilings and skylights that add extra natural light, and features a Master suite and three bedrooms with valley views, a laundry/utility room with sink, shower and storage, and an updated hall bathroom with shower/tub combo.
- The Master retreat is highlighted by a vaulted ceiling and ceiling fan, sitting room space, large walk-in closet and en suite with dual sink vanity, oversized shower and marble tile finishes. Three additional spacious upstairs bedrooms feature dual built-in closets, wood blinds and decorative finishes.
- Tastefully finished basement media room features chic rustic paneled walls, decorative floor tile and a large adjacent storage room with dedicated wine storage.
- Inviting covered backyard patio with bead board ceiling, chandelier and plenty of space to dine and relax overlooking the lawn, garden, detached one-car garage, finished cottage and matching playhouse.
- Walking distance to parks and vibrant Lincoln Ave shopping and dining and convenient to commuter routes.
- Schools: Willow Glen Elementary School, Willow Glen Middle School, Willow Glen High School (to be verified by buyer).
Ducky and Amy Grabill