47 Alpine Avenue, Los Gatos
Listed for $3,729,000
4 beds • 3 baths • 33,040 sqft lot •
3,110 sqft interior plus 705 sqft unfinished storage/workshop/wine cellar
ULTIMATE IN PRIVACY! UNDERSTATED ELEGANCE IN DOWNTOWN LOS GATOS!
Exceptional home on a prestigious setting, nestled among historic redwoods, multiple oaks and beautifully landscaped grounds, with close up mountain views, sunsets and rich architectural elements carefully restored to preserve original character.
Elegant, distinctive façade with original glass-paneled French doors, cascading steps, antique wall lights and a wrap-around stucco porch with curved, wrought iron railing accents and beautifully restored urns.
Feel the warmth of the entry foyer and formal living rooms with dramatic, hand-plastered coved ceilings, and original refurbished, double-hung wavy glass windows showcasing beautiful outdoor views and providing abundant natural light inside.
Gorgeous details throughout this refined blend of formal and informal living spaces include original glass door knobs, hardwood floors, intricate crown molding, original custom cabinetry and new exterior awnings adding privacy and character. Rare home of this caliber in an outstanding downtown location.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, 3,110 sq. ft. living space, plus 705 sq. ft. unfinished storage/workshop/wine cellar, on 33,040 sq. ft. lot.
- Spacious foyer with detailed picture hook rail molding opens to an elegant formal living room featuring a wood-burning fireplace with hand-plastered surround and decorative hearth.
- Formal dining room highlighted by a dramatic antique Dutch Gaslamp chandelier and original built-in redwood cabinetry with arched beveled glass window chinaback with mirrored backsplash and original glass door pulls. Additional features include coved ceilings and 12 inch baseboards.
- At the heart of the home is a bright and airy kitchen with stainless steel 4-burner gas range and refrigerator, dishwasher, large island, decorative glass display cabinets and a counter butler window to the informal dining room with a built-in desk and French door leading to a beautiful outdoor massive patio with durable commercial grade Terrazzo tile surface.
- Expansive family room features a decorative boxed ceiling, fireplace, gorgeous bay window, and French door leading to the outdoor dining terrace.
- Master suite overlooks the natural beauty of the trees, private backyard and features a walk-in closet and remodeled en suite with luxury finishes including a dual sink vanity with quartz countertops, oversized shower with unique frameless glass, Carrara marble tile and radiant heated floor.
- Two additional bedrooms, an office and hall bathroom with shower/tub combo are also located on the main floor.
- The lower level features a bedroom/guest room ensuite with shower, oversized laundry room with sink, plus an additional 705 sq. ft. unfinished storage/workshop space with a climate-controlled wine cellar.
- Stunning outdoor spaces include a picturesque backyard patio surrounded by bay, redwoods, oaks, maples and more with a new, high-tech, durable terra cotta like tile-patterned finish, original and colorful Spanish tile wall inlays, plus a decorative wrought iron railing creating a gorgeous, intimate space to enjoy.
- Experience cozy and invited landscaped garden spaces as you meander along the brick pathway to a sitting area beneath the majestic redwoods, then transition to a peaceful dining terrace and lawn area.
- Entirely fenced large backyard includes an orchard with cherry, fig, apple, pear trees and more. The tranquil and private natural landscape with mature trees, features an irrigated box for a raised bed vegetable garden, a play platform structure recently refurbished and continues down stairs to a creek with its own private bridge and double moat gates.
- Gated security entrance, expansive driveway with parking spaces surrounded by a beautifully landscaped garden and a 2-car detached garage with matching architecture.
- Premier location, walking distance to downtown shopping, dining, trails, amenities and distinguished Los Gatos schools – Louise Van Meter Elementary School, R.J. Fisher Middle School and Los Gatos High School (buyer to verify schools based on availability).
Ducky and Amy Grabill