72 Mariposa Avenue, Los Gatos
Listed for $3,089,000
4 bedroom • 3.5 bathroom • 8,333 sq. ft. lot
2,600 sq. ft. living space, plus 503 sq ft garage/game room with full bath and 294 sq ft covered porch
DISTINCTIVE, MODERN GREEN HOME IN DOWNTOWN LOS GATOS
Luxury and sophistication embody this distinctive modern smart home on a quiet cul-de- sac in the heart of downtown Los Gatos. Walk to restaurants and shopping! Custom two-story home with fabulous curb appeal by premiere green and passive-inspired builder, Clarum Homes. Loaded with energy saving innovations, rich architectural design elements and an enchanting interior aesthetic, with a stylish blend of textures, sleek clean lines and modern elegance. Features a culinary Chef’s kitchen with stainless steel appliances, luxurious Master suite, and inviting outdoor living, with covered patio, Lynx kitchen, fireplace and cozy fire pit area. Gorgeous, comfortable living spaces inside and out! Award winning Los Gatos Schools. Amazing home with environmental consciousness!
- Captivating, modern interior with artistic flourishes at every turn. 10-ft ceilings, 8-ft interior doors, bamboo hardwood floors, recessed lighting and alluring decorative tile finishes from Fireclay Tile and Heath Ceramics.
- Custom entry door leads to open floor plan living area with coffered ceilings, luxurious light fixtures and limestone floors accented with a decorative tile inlay
- Spacious living and dining areas blend together to create an inviting gathering space, featuring a stunning gas fireplace with artistic tile mosaic surround, French doors to the backyard, window seat nook and elegant bamboo built-in cabinetry. Limestone floors accented with decorative rock tile.
- Contemporary kitchen with sleek, clean lines features Caesarstone countertops, custom Euro matte-finished contrasting cabinets, walk-in pantry and artisan recycled-glass peninsula counter with prep. sink. Stainless steel appliances include a French door refrigerator, Wolf 4-burner gas range, plus a built-in electric oven and microwave. Well-appointed mudroom and laundry with sink and walk-in pantry.
- Main level Master suite highlighted by an embossed etched-glass door entry, decorative tile feature wall and chic barn door leading to the luxurious en suite. Dual walk-in closets with custom cabinetry, desk area, built-in ironing board and bathroom with dual sink vanity, porcelain tile shower with glass-block surround and quartz seating shelf.
- Guest powder room adorned with a colorful glass tile mosaic and vessel sink with artistic recycled glass tile counter. Bamboo staircase with stylish wrought iron rail leads to a cozy mezzanine window reading nook and a sitting room/flex space on the upstairs landing.
- Three spacious upstairs bedrooms with lively design elements including high-angled ceilings, quaint window seats, generous closets and whimsical light fixtures. Upstairs bathroom features a triple undermount sink vanity with quartz counters and storage, plus smartly designed separate rooms for the shower/tub combo and commode.
- Stunning backyard living space with manicured lawn, flagstone paving, 294 sq ft covered patio, cozy corner fire pit and custom-built outdoor kitchen with stacked flagstone surround, Lynx Professional grill/side burners, gas fireplace and dining space for relaxing and entertaining.
- Flagstone paved walkway, enclosed wrought iron fence with security gated entry, mature trees and drought tolerant landscaping showcase the front yard curb appeal.
- Detached 503 sq ft of garage space, currently used as a game room, with full bathroom. Wide paved driveway with room for parking. Retractable, remote controlled awning off garage.
- Award winning Los Gatos Schools - Daves Avenue Elementary School, Fisher Middle School, Los Gatos High School.
Ducky and Amy Grabill
Energy Efficient Sustainable Living
- Ultra-high solar coefficient windows and extended eaves to reduce solar heat gain
- Solid slab foundation for temperature stability
- Solar-prepped roof
- Solid foam wall insulation
- Attic air exchangers
- LED lighting
- Grey water recycling
- 70% of hot water from solar thermal panels to heat water and provide radiant floor heating